Please select a date of interest to see the Keeper's Diary entry for that day

<<    August 2017   >>
Sun. Mon. Tues. Wed. Thurs. Fri. Sat.
     1  2  3  4  5
 6  7  8  9  10  11  12
 13  14  15  16  17  18  19
 20  21  22  23  24  25  26
 27  28  29  30  31    
Click Here to Select Another Month 

Search By Keyword:


<<--  Entry for:  August   5, 2017  -->>

Unit Name Date
Entry Print this Page - Sheldrick Wildlife Trust
Ithumba Unit  August   5, 2017 Olareís and Makiretiís group spent the night just outside the stockade. Naisula stood at the entrance and welcomed the juniors outside for yet another day. The orphans headed straight to the water trough where they drank enough water to see them through the entire morning. Out in the Park, Tusuja came across a dead tree that he used to scratch his belly on, while Sirimon spent some time playing with Olsekki. Later Boromoko attempted to ride on Tusuja but was brought down by Garzi. Later Garzi settled to browse with Barsilinga while Ukame teamed up with Wanjala and Galla. At mud bath time, the orphans were joined by several Ex Orphans and wild elephants. Tusuja walked up to the water trough and tried to communicate with a bull by raising his trunk but the bull didn't respond. Tusuja got tired of talking to someone who was not responding and so walked away. Sokotei, Lemoyian and Siangiki settled for a scratching exercise while Shukuru and Galla settled to soil dust. In the afternoon, the orphans settled to feed on the western side of Ithumba Hill. In the evening, Dupotto, one the babies that disappeared two and half months ago, was rescued again and brought back to Ithumba. She was put with Kamok to they could spent the night together. She looked a bit skinny but was fine and happy to be in Kamokís company.

Madiba and Suguta

Share this:
Follow us:

The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust   P.O. Box 15555 Nairobi Kenya

Copyright © 1999-2018, The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy